1. Grounded in the results of our exclusive research among 400 retired Police Officers (your retirement mentors) - the true experts on retiring from police work. You can learn from their experiences and advice. This valuable resource is only available through Life After Policing.
2. Includes our exclusive Life Goal Planning Program to replace satisfactions such as social interaction, challenge, involvement, achievement, etc., lost from work. Developed through more than 30 years of academic and practical experience, Life Goal Planning will enable you to create a retirement that will be worthwhile and enjoyable.
Part 1 / The Key to Retirement Happiness
1. Handyman (James Taylor)
Updating the image of retirement and introducing ‘re-tire’ with a dash.
2. Do You Want to Know a Secret? (The Beatles)
Money alone will not guarantee retirement happiness. The secret lies in how you will be spending your time.
3. Ticket To Ride (The Beatles)
Overview of Life Goal Planning.
Part 2 / Apply Life Goal Planning to other Lifestyle Issues
4. A Hard Day’s Night (The Beatles)
Working in Retirement. It’s not just about money.
5. (Money) Can’t Buy Me Love (The Beatles)
Life Goal and financial planning complement and work in parallel with changes in one influencing changes in the other.
6. Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind? (The Lovin’ Spoonful)
The decision to retire involves more than money.
7. When I’m Sixty-Four (The Beatles)
There is a commonly held but false connection between aging and retirement. This chapter includes a strong argument to redress this potentially self-fulfilling prophecy.
8. With A Little Help From My Friends (The Beatles)
Social and spousal relationship in the transition to retirement plus single in retirement
9. Our House (Graham Nash)
This is not just a real estate issue, but a concern with replacing satisfactions lost from work in the context of the housing decision.
Part 3 / Self-Help Life Goal Planning Workshop
Incorporate with Financial Plan
ALAN ROADBURG, PhD
Academic & Practical Experience